My sister is 10 years older than me and has a 13 year old daughter. On Thursday, my niece was rollerblading in the street and broke her ankle.
My brother-in-law took her to the doctor on Friday and they did x-rays and put a cast on. The crack does not run across the bone, it runs parallel with the bone, which has a higher chance of not mending properly.
My sister just called me a little while ago and my niece is being referred to an orthopedic surgeon because they are afraid that she has cracked her growth plate.
My sister and her husband do not have health insurance. They are both self-employed. She is a hairstylist and he has his own tire shop. They do not make much money and don't have much in savings. I don't have the money to help.
2 comments:
Oh dear! I hope everything is okay with your niece and your sis and BIL get help paying for her care! Best of luck to everyone!
Huge hugs - we didn't have health insurance last year, and every time DH climbed on the roof or something, I was almost panicky.
I've got my fingers crossed that it's not your niece's growth plate....
Post a Comment