Monday, November 07, 2005

Well, I guess it's better than nothing

My raise is only about $5000 more a year. After taxes it's only an extra $62 a week. It's not the number I was hoping for and I didn't even get a chance to bargain up or down. I won't know the official number until we meet in the morning. I was hoping that they would account for my insurance and the increased gas, but I guess not. I had figures ready to go off of because it was supposed to be comparable to what I would make in an accounting firm in the area. The number they gave me is about $500 less than the minimum. I was going to bargain for more, but I don't think I'll have the chance.

But I guess it's something. I'm supposed to get the "big" raise next October when I have my license in hand.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

5K!!! Wow, I've NEVER gotten that much in a raise. And the last promotion my husband got, that was his entire raise - yep, with a promotion and no added days off, other benefits or anything...I'm jealous, I'd love that much of a raise...