Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Thanksgiving Plans

Well, I finally talked to my sister and she's going to her sister-in-law's house for Thanksgiving. My sister's mother-in-law passed away in July and this sister-in-law has been very helpful to my sister and her husband.

I told my sister that our step-mom already made plans to go to their neighbors house and didn't even ask what we were doing. My sister and I decided that we just wouldn't have Thanksgiving with my dad this year. We are going to do Christmas at my sister's house and if my dad wants to join us then he can. I don't know why we always have to go to his house. Our step-mom doesn't really like kids, so she makes my daughter and niece very uncomfortable when we are there.

As for our Thanksgiving, Jason and I decided that we will go to Houston with his parents, but we will drive ourselves when I get off of work on that Wednesday. We will probably leave early Friday morning and head out shopping in Austin or San Marcos and just take time for ourselves. My in-laws plan on staying the entire weekend and I really don't want to spend that much time with them. :o)

I'm glad that we have a plan now that we are both happy with.

No comments: