I'm so glad that Thanksgiving is over even though it means Christmas will be here in no time.
Last week went pretty well. There weren't too many fights, but I finally let it be known to my father-in-law that Jason and I will not be having another child any time soon. I told him that he's getting a boy from my BIL and his wife and he can carry on the family name. Jason and I will have another child when we are both ready and that may not be for a couple of years. Hopefully, now he'll quit harassing me about it.
Now he's moved on to harassing us about a Christmas party that his side of the family is having on December 17th. It would be another trip to Houston on our anniversary and my work Christmas party. My father-in-law doesn't understand that we have prior commitments. My sister-in-law also has her work party, but she's offered to let my in-laws take her kids to the party, but they are staying at her house, so it's not a big deal for my in-laws to take them. Well, I'm not letting Haley go. I'm not ready for her to be gone an entire weekend and be over 5 hours away. I had already made arrangements for her to stay with my sister during my work Christmas party.
My father-in-law needs to learn that the world does not revolve around him and we have other families. I didn't get to see any of my family at Thanksgiving and my father-in-law is making a big fuss that we're spending Christmas with my sister and my BIL who will just be returning from Japan has to work. My sister-in-law won't be able to come because her boyfriend has joint custody of his daughters and they get to spend part of Christmas with their mom. Anyway, he'll just have to get over it that he can't have everyone at every holiday especially now that all 3 of his kids are married and have kids.
I'm done venting. Overall the weekend was good. I was glad to be home and Haley and I put up our Christmas tree on Saturday, so now it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment