Thursday, November 17, 2005

I really need some happy things to talk about

I'm going to vent in this post about my dad and step-mom and then I'll make another post that will be happy. :o)

My step-mom's dad had a stroke last week and she doesn't call. I get an e-mail along with the rest of the church. I called my sister and asked her if she had heard anything and nope. I don't know why she can't pick up the phone and call one of us to let us know what is going on instead of waiting until I check my e-mail. She's done this before. My dad was in the hospital and I never knew until she sent an e-mail to our church wide prayer chain. I just hope if something serious happens she'll pick up the phone and call one of us.

Anyway, I was talking to her this morning because she told me I had a gift at the church. She updated me on her dad and told me that she and my dad are going to the Renaissance Festival this weekend just north of Houston. I already knew that because I had talked to my oldest sister yesterday and she's going to meet them there.

I asked my step-mom who was going to watch her mom and she said the neighbor across the street is. They are trading kids. My dad and step-mom are taking the neighbor's 3 kids with them, all under the age of 9. They are driving 4 hours and spending the night.

They have never offered to take my niece who is 13. I was shocked. I couldn't say anything. How can they take the neighbor's kids when they've never offered to take their own granddaughter?

I'm glad that my sister and I have decided to not spend Thanksgiving with them and we are having Christmas at my sister's house instead of my dad's.

Ugh.

No comments: