Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 10 - Exercise

I was doing so good at the beginning of the year.  I was getting up early and walking on the treadmill.  When our work challenge ended in May, so did my exercising.  I kept telling myself that I was going to train for a 5K.  Whether I actually participated in one or not, I was going to start walking/running, to be in shape for one.  During Relay for Life, my teammates and I were discussing Beach to Bay (a marathon divided among 6 team members) so we were giving ourselves a year to train.  Needless to say we haven't started that either.

Now that we've moved, it has become even harder to get back into the exercise routine.  I already get up at 5:30 just to make it to work on time.  I can't see myself getting up at 4:30 to exercise and then go about my day.   We are so busy in the evenings that I'm not sure when it would fit in there either.  Last night we didn't get home until 8:30 and then it was time to get Haley in the shower and in bed.  By 9 pm I'm ready for bed.  I know that if I would just exercise I would have more energy, but I just can't get to that point. 

I'm watching my food intake again and hopefully, that will jumpstart my weight loss again.  My coworker has started seeing a doctor about her weight-loss.  It's a nationwide program (https://www.mediweightlossclinics.com/)  In 4 weeks, she has lost 18.5 pounds.  She gets a weekly B-12 shot and takes a ton of pills.  That is not the way I want to lose weight.  I'm glad that it's working for her, but it really wants me to get back into the mood to lose weight.  I can't let her weigh less than me.  :o)

I am going to take my tennis shoes to Haley's soccer practice tomorrow and try to move around more while I'm helping out with practice.  We'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't seem to get motivated to exercise either. Vic and I were doing really well with walking when he got home from work, but then we started adding some running in with that and we both decided we hate running. So we *should* just go back to walking, because at least it's something, but now his schedule is all messed up with this project he's doing and I'm just not motivated to take the girls out myself. Excuses, excuses...
I think taking your tennis shoes to Haley's soccer practice is a really good idea. At least that way you might feel more motivated to move around some more and at least start doing *some*thing. Once you get started it's really easy to gain the momentum to keep going.
(LOL, I should practice what I preach!)

RoseAnn said...

I never thought I would get in the habit of working out. I really enjoyed walking with my neighbor in CA and still enjoy walks with the dogs but I can definitely tell a difference when I work out on the elliptical in the morning. It's only 20 minutes but gets my whole day off to a good start.

I think taking your shoes to soccer practise is a great idea! Is there anywhere you can walk on your lunch or breaks?

Amanda said...

I'm up and out early, too - up at 5:15. I'm a morning workout person, so that's been so hard. I can talk myself out of working out later, LOL.
I just try and move as much as I can during the day - definitely take a good 15 min walk at lunch, and I try and have a class or two at the gym or studio during the week to ensure I get at least THAT in.
Just try and take it anywhere you can!!