After all of the family drama, Thanksgiving turned out pretty comical.
I don't remember if I blogged a few weeks back about my sister deciding to have Thanksgiving at my house. She was so upset with my other sister and my dad and step-mom that she didn't want to include them. I had no problem with that because Jason and my dad butt heads anyway. On Sunday, my sister calls to discuss the menu. We had already decided that she was doing the turkey and gravy. I was to make the sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, veggie, deviled eggs and rolls. Jason's mom was making the dressing and something else, I don't remember. My sister said that I better plan on my dad showing up. I told her that I didn't think they would, but she was going to buy enough turkey just in case.
On Tuesday, she calls me and tells me that dad is upset that I didn't invite them. I have to get off the phone to answer the work phone. She sends me a text that says they may not make it because her husband isn't feeling well. They all had been passing a bug around and so she wasn't sure how he was going to be feeling on Tuesday. I call her back and ask her what I'm supposed to do since she has the turkey. She tells me that I should probably go buy my own turkey. For some reason this pisses me off.
During soccer practice, I tell Jason to just forget Thanksgiving and we'll go out to eat. I'm not in the mood to make anything, so we decide to go to Cracker Barrel in Corpus Christi. We leave our house at 1:45 on Thursday. It's about a 40 minute drive and we figured we miss most of the crowd. While we're wandering around the store, we see my dad and step-mom. We exchange pleasantries and then go to our table. Who do you think the hostess sits at the table right next to us? You guessed it. My dad was chuckling as he walked to the table. Everyone was pleasant with each other and I thought it was hilarious.
So it didn't turn out too bad.
7 comments:
OMG that's too funny!
Sorry things didn't work out as planned, but it sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving anyway.
Wow, that's crazy! What are the chances? I'm glad it didn't end up too bad.
It doesn't sound like it turned out too bad. I don't blame you for being a little upset with your sister, though. It's not her fault if she's sick but it did kind of leave you in the lurch.
Ha ha, you didn't have to cook and you saw family on Thanksgiving ;)
And your sister should have offered to bring you the turkey she had!
What are the odds?? LOL. Glad it wasn't awkward.
What a great story! (But I'm agreeing with RoseAnn that your sister did leave you in a bit of a rough spot)
Aww you were meant to spend thanksgiving together :)
Post a Comment