I don't remember if I mentioned it or not, but when I was at my annual appointment last month, we discussed the fact that my mom was diagnosed at 42 and died at 43 with breast cancer. When I first started going to this doctor's office I had spoken with the main doctor about when I should start having mammograms. I understand that they don't show much at a young age, but I've also heard that if you have a close relative diagnosed at a young age, you should begin earlier than most. Anyway, he told me that we would start at 30. So I brought it up to the Nurse Practitioner, who I love by the way, and she agreed with him. I went last Wednesday for my first mammogram. It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
Today I went back to see the NP to go over my annual results and the mammogram results. Everything with my pap was fine and she didn't have the results from the mammo, yet. She told me that she would call over to the hospital and get them to fax them to her and they would give me a call if there was anything wrong. I go back to work and then get a phone call from the NP. The radiologist wants to do a spot check on the right side. They think it's just calcifications, but they want to be sure. So now I get to make another appointment tomorrow. I'm sure it's nothing, but that thought is always there in the back of my mind.
I really would like to have more positive posts during NaBloPoMo. :o)
5 comments:
*hugs* Jenn!
I'll be thinking of you!
{{Hugs}} I hope you get all-clear results back soon! I had my first mammogram at 19 because I found a lump and a biopsy several years ago on a different lump. The waiting really is the worst but good for you being proactive and getting early screening!
Thinking of you!! {hug} Keep us posted!!
Thinking of you! ((HUGS))
Thinking of you!! *hugs*
Post a Comment