Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Day 17 - a strange phone call
I will answer questions in a couple days, but I wanted to relay this strange phone call I received today. At firstt glance it was an 800 number, but when I looked at it afterwards, it didn't have enough numbers. Anyway, when I answered it a lady said, "Hello this is Kathy Sanchez with the credit card fraud division." I ask her which card and she ignores me. She says, "There has been some suspicious activity on your credit card." Again I ask which card and no response. She asks me if I've been in Guatemala recently because there is a hotel charge for $400-something. I start to say something and she says, "Hmmm, well there are also charges at a restaurant and a pet shop." I don't say anything and she continues, "Okay, Okay, I understand you weren't there." At this point I start laughing and then hang up. It was an automated message. I checked all of my cards and didn't see anything suspicious. It was just a strange call.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Why would someone create such an annoying automated call?
Weird.
Post a Comment