I know there was a blog challenge at some point to write about our circle of friends. I guess I avoided it because I don't really have any "real" friends. All of you know more about me than anyone that I know face-to-face, well except for Jason.
I thought that I had my best friend back in my life, but she sucks as a friend. I gave and gave and would do anything for her, but soon realized that the feelings weren't reciprocated. I was supposed to testify for her in her custody hearing as a character witness. The process started in 2008 when we were spending a lot of time together. She called me in September and I told her that I couldn't do it because we hadn't spent any time together in over a year. There is no way that I can testify for her and then she wanted me to lie. Ugh, no thank you.
I have my coworker who I talk to, but we don't do anything together after work except maybe once or twice a year.
I have a friend at church, but we hardly ever see each other. She was supposed to call me this week to do lunch, but I haven't heard from her.
I'm hoping that by being here where we have more of a support system I can get involved in the community and start to meet people or at least hang out with some of the coaches' wives.
2 comments:
I so, so wish we were closer! It sucks to think of us both being lonely, but still being 1/2 a day's drive away!
I hope you get out there and can start to meet some new people and make some new friends!
It's so hard, once you're an adult and married (and then with kids) to make friends places. I've always had a tough time with that, and moving every few years has made that harder.
It's silly, but that's one of the reasons why I've viewed picking up knitting again as such a godsend. I have met SO many great people through it, it's crazy.
Jason was shocked - I had a group of friends here before I even moved down from Boston because of it!
The best place to make friends is in an environment where you have something in common - a hobby, kids, church, etc. I'm sure that you'll get to be friends with some of the coaches' wives!!
{Hug}
Post a Comment