I have never participated in NaBloPoMo before, but my blog was feeling neglected, so I thought what better time to get things moving again with a challenge to blog every day. Hopefully, I can find something to write about for a whole month, but RoseAnn pointed out the writing prompts that I may rely on when I can't think of anything else to post.
Where should we start?
I guess for today we will start with Halloween then I'll work backwards over the next few days to discuss everything that has been going on around here including soccer and our big move.
At the beginning of October when we started discussing Halloween costumes, we already knew that we were going to be moving and our budget was fixing to be tighter. Jason and I convinced Haley to be Mia Hamm for Halloween. She already had the jersey and a bucket with soccer balls on it. She begrudgingly agreed. Last week when we were grocery shopping she was telling a girl that she was going to be a soccer player for Halloween and the girl asked her "Dead or alive." That was when Haley decided to be a dead soccer player. To school she wore her Mia Hamm jersey and we pulled her hair back and I didn't take a picture because we were running late. Yesterday she wore an old jersey and became a dead soccer player.
We cut an old ball and then we tried to make it look like she had a head injury and then Jason bandaged her arm and we put some fake blood on it.
She also decided that she wanted to go Trick-or-treating with a friend, L. L is the freshman daughter of the head baseball coach. She is a good kid and a cheerleader. Haley looks up to her and she agreed to take Haley. Her mom told me that L was really excited because she really wanted to go trick-or-treating but felt she was too old. Haley gave her the perfect excuse to go out. Jason and I stayed home and handed out candy. We finally live in a neighborhood in town and actually had kids come by!! Haley had a blast with L and a few of the other cheerleaders.
All in all it was a great Halloween!
4 comments:
Glad you're participating! Maybe I'll come up with some special blog challenges to keep everyone committed. I love it when people blog!
What a cool and creative costume!! Haley looked great!
I can't wait to get all caught up on what's happening with you and hear about your move!
I always loved trick-or-treating in high school. I had my younger sister as an excuse but it gave me a chance to dress up!
Awww that's so cute that the girl took her trick or treating! I love her idea hehe
Post a Comment